OPEN SUMMER FRUIT, VEGETABLE
AND FLOWER SHOW
SATURDAY 13th AUGUST 2022
SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
SECTION 1 - FLORAL ART
Class 1. My Favourite Book. An exhibit to be staged in a niche
24” wide x 30” high x 18”deep [61cm x 76cm x 46cm]
2. Sweet & Simple. A miniature exhibit 4”wide x 4”high x 4”deep
[10cm x 10cm x 10cm] to be shown on an open table.
3. Tranquility 24” wide x 30” high x 18”deep [61cm x 76cm x 46cm]
SECTION 2 - GENERAL FLOWERS & POT PLANTS
Various sizes of “bikini” show vases are available if required
4. One vase of Dahlias, one cultivar, three blooms.
5. One vase of Dahlias, different cultivars, three blooms.
6. One vase of Roses, three stems.
7. One Specimen Rose.
8. A Bowl of Roses
9. A Vase of Sweet Peas. Seven stems, more than one cultivar.
10. A Bowl of Sweet Peas 6” (15cm) diameter, not more than 18 stems.
Only sweet Pea foliage to be included
11. One vase of Annuals one kind, three blooms
12. One vase of Annuals mixed kinds, five blooms
13. One vase of Perennials one kind, three stems.
14. One vase of Perennials mixed kinds, five stems
15. One vase of mixed garden flowers.
16. One vase of mixed Shrubs, Five stems.
17. One Fuchsia, Shrub or Bush, to be shown growing in a
pot 6”(15cm) to 8”(20cm) in diameter
18. One Fuchsia, Shrub or Bush, to be shown growing in a
pot not exceeding 4”(10cm) in diameter
19. One Specimen Fuchsia to be shown growing in a pot not
exceeding 8”(20cm) in diameter
20. One vase of mixed named herbs. 6 stems, at least 3 sorts named.
21. One Pot Orchid to be shown growing in a pot not exceeding
6”(15cm) in diameter
22. One Pot Zonal Pelargonium to be shown growing in a pot not
exceeding 6”(15cm) in diameter
23. One Pot Regal Pelargonium to be shown growing in a pot not
exceeding 6”(15cm) in diameter
24. Flowering Pot Plant, to be shown growing in a pot over 4”(10cm)
but not exceeding 8”(20cm) in diameter Fuchsia, Orchid or
25. Foliage Pot Plant, Fuchsia, Orchid or Pelargonium excluded
to be shown growing in a pot not exceeding 8”(20cm)
26. One Cacti or Succulent to be shown growing in a container
not exceeding 8”(20cm) in diameter.
SECTION 3 – FRUIT & VEGETABLES
27. One dish of Soft Fruit—nine
28. One dish of Tree Fruit—three
29. One dish of any other fruit, three
SECTION 3 – FRUIT & VEGETABLES (continued)
31. Tomatoes, Medium (approx. 60mm diameter) three.
32. Tomatoes, Cherry (not greater than 35mm diameter) five.
33. Tomatoes, (other than those in class 31) three
34. Runner Beans - five.36. Potatoes – (one cultivar) three
37. Beetroot, (one cultivar) three
38. Carrots, (one cultivar) three
39. Onions (one cultivar) not exceeding 250g in weight, (trimmed) three
40. Shallots, Exhibition. Nine
41. Cucumbers (one cultivar) two
42. Any other Vegetable not previously mentioned in the schedule.
For the number of individual vegetables to be exhibited in this class
Please refer to the Notes of guidance for exhibitors on page 12
43. A Basket of Vegetables for the Kitchen, arranged for effect.
Internal Size of basket not to exceed 12” x 18” (30cm x 46cm)
SECTION 4 – COOKERY
44. Victoria Sandwich Cake, Approx 7”[18cm] Recipe on page 7
45. 12 Cheese Straws Recipe on page 7
46. A pot of Jam
SECTION 5 – CHILDREN’S CLASSES aged 13 years and under
47. Five (5) Decorated biscuits. The biscuits maybe bought.
Age under five years, ………...age to be stated.
48. Five (5) Decorated biscuits. The biscuits maybe bought.
Age over five years, ………….age to be stated.
SECTION 6 – PHOTOGRAPHY
49. Photo of A FLOWER Maximum size 7” x 5” Aged up to 16 years
50. Photo of A FLOWER Maximum size 7” x 5” Adult over 16 years
JUDGES FOR THE SUMMER SHOW.
Floral Art Marion Catt
General Flowers and Pot Plants Bob Sawyer
Fruit and Vegetables Brian J. Cooke
Cookery Rose Doswell
PRIZE MONEY FOR ALL CLASSES
First 70p Second 50p Third 30p
All entries must be submitted on the Entry Form on page 9 of the Yearbook. General Guidance for Exhibitors and General Show Rules applicable to all shows appear on pages 12 to 14.
PRINCIPAL AWARDS IN THE SUMMER SHOW
THE MAYZES CUP
For the most points in floral art
THE DIMPLEX CUP
For the most points in General Flowers & Pot Plants
THE ELING CUP
For the most points in THE Fruit & Vegetables section
THE COOKERY TROPHY
For the most points in the Cookery section
THE ????? SHIELD
For the of most points in the whole show
All trophies are Perpetual Challenge Trophies to be held by the winners until 1st August 2022 when they must be returned to the Show
Co-ordinator or any Committee Member.